3 Tiered Pan

Decorating By MsMaisie Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 10:13pm by missymayflower

MsMaisie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsMaisie Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone every used the 3tiered pan?? I have a friend who wants me to make her wedding cake and I am living out of town now and I need something quick. She wants a chocolate cake with chocolate icing with purple flowers. I was thinkin either purple and white fresh roses or cascading wisteria down the cake. Any help any of you can give me is really appreciated. By the way does anyone know how many the 3 tier will feed??
Thanks so much!!!

6 replies
missymayflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missymayflower Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 7

What 3 teired pan?

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 7

I've never seen or heard of a 3 tiered pan for a wedding size cake. I think they have little mini ones. I can't imagine baking a full 3 tiered cake together.

MsMaisie Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 7

It's a pan that has 3 tiers already made you just pour the cake mix in and viola!!! You have a 3 tier cake already made no stacking or anything just ice it and go

missymayflower Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 7

I have a 3 tier pan. It is 10 inches on the bottom, 8 inches in the middle, and 6 inches on the top, and each tier is only 1 inch tall. It takes about 6 1/2 cups of batter, and it is about 20 servings. I have two cakes I made using this pan in my photos. You need to bake at a lower temperature and use an upside down flower nail as a heating core to get good results.

MsMaisie Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 7

I think the 3 tier pan is gonna be way toooo small. So which one would be easier a stacked 3 tier with cascading wisteria or a seperated3 tier with the wisteria inbetween the layers?? I need the easiest way since I'll be doing the decorating for the wedding too.

missymayflower Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 7

If by "separated" you mean pillars, then its actually about the same level of difficulty. Either way, the support structure is the most important element of a tiered cake. If you want something really quick and easy, I would suggest a cake stand that allows you to simply place individual cakes on plates while giving the appearance of a tiered cake, such as wilton's floating tiers stand. Check the wilton website to see what I'm talking about. I'm reasonably sure I saw one at Micheals the last time I was in there. Hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%