Can U Paint Fondont Flowers Need Ideas

Decorating By branbrielliott2 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 7:16pm by branbrielliott2

branbrielliott2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
branbrielliott2 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 4

I have gel coloring and silver and gold dust....one size flowers...trying to come up with a cute cake for friends annivesary

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 4

Sure, you can paint fondant flowers. Mix the gel color with vodka or a clear extract and paint them, then let it dry before you put it on the cake. I would use the gold dust on pink, red or yellow flowers and the silver on the centers of dark colors, because silver (if it's the Wilton one) makes lighter colors look smudged.

What year is their anniversary? Maybe you can look up the traditional gifts for that anniversary and base the flower colors on that...for example, my parents are celebrating 40 years which is the ruby anniversary, so I'm going to do red roses on their cake.

branbrielliott2 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 4

its just there 2nd but its one of our best friends..its kind of a surprise...I have been trying to keep it light in color as possible..I also thought of keeping it white on white but not sure how that would look....if it would look just dry w/no color....not even sure if I will cover the whole cake in fondant or not....I am useing crusting BC..so I dont need to if I dont have time...which I really wont have much time..I cut the one shape out and then rolled little balls to go in the middle...all white....and that is all I can really do for today...then I have maybe an hour tomorrow at the most..
I want it to be simple, but look real good also...
also on the bottom....where the cake meets the board...I am trying to think what I could do there...any ideas.....?????

branbrielliott2 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 4

how long does the paint dry when you use the gel....also is there any pics that are good to see that I could get an idea...cuz wouldnt even know where to start.

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%