Asking For Feedback And Or Reviews?

Business By luvscakes Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 6:23pm by MikeRowesHunny

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 8

Hi there,

I wanted to know what you all thought about asking for feedback.

Some of my clients contact me to tell me how fabulous the cake(s) were after they have their event, but most don't.

I am always left wondering if they really liked them, if not, what I could have dine better.
I was thinking of sending out some kind of online survey or feedback form to get input- have you ever heard of this or any ideas on how I could go about it?

Also, I would like to see reviews on places where I am listed online, how can I go about nicely asking for these from my clients?

Thanks for any input/ feedback icon_lol.gif

7 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 8

I'm a firm believer that no news is good news. If you did something bad, you would definetly hear from them.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 8

I'm like labellaflor if I don't hear from them that means everything went great. I never worry cause if something is wrong they'll let you know.
If you want reviews I don't see why you can't ask your customers if they would mind posting one at your site.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 5:57am
post #4 of 8

I think it is kind of tacky to ask for feedback or a review. Needy.

This seems to be an issue over and over here!

Sure, everyone wants rave reviews on their work, but to most folks... it's just cake. Not everyone is going to jump up and down and clap their hands and swoon upon seeing your creation.

The comments will come, in time, with no need to fish for them.

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 8

If you would like feedback, be prepared for a few bad ones. Some customers are impossible tp please, but it still hurts to be put down on something you worked so very hard on. I agree, no news os good newsicon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

I think it is kind of tacky to ask for feedback or a review. Needy.

I agree. Plus they are less credible when you have to 'ask' for the (what we hope will be) compliments, as compared to the unsolicited ones.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 8

I send all of my brides a 10-12 question survey by email after the wedding that has questions about the whole process, not just "did you like it???" I figure this gives them an opportunity to vent about any small thing they might not be happy with so I can address it (if it was a big thing they'd let me know regardless) and a sound byte for the website if they leave one. I probably see 30% of these back but don't sweat it. No news IS good news.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 8

100% agree that no news is good news! However, when you get those unsolicited thank you notes/emails it will make you glow like you wouldn't believe (well, it does me anyway!). I think most people think that they paid you to do a job, you delivered, end of story (sadly, sometimes!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%