What Happen

Decorating By creations Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 5:23pm by LaBellaFlor

creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creations Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 4

ok i made black fondant and it didnt come out black enough so i mix vodka with some black icing ( the one for coloring frosting etc) and painted it on the fondant , hours later it started to run on the side of the cake and other areas , WHAT HAPPEN see pic below all input is greatly helpful
LL

3 replies
butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry this happened to you. The cake was very nice. Maybe you can turn it off as something to do with over the hill.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 4

Too much moisture made the cake decorations bleed.
It could have been caused by many things: moisture condensation coming from cake if you iced it frozen, moisture from icing if it was a whipped type icing, moisture from dyed vodka mixing with fondant (makes it gummy and run sometimes). Or a combination of above.
I am careful when painting fondant to not get it too wet, or give it time to dry before applying. If you painted the fondant you tried to add lots of black too (adding more moisture) that is probably what happened.

Sorry this happened to you!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 4

When I paint fondant, I let it dry for a couple of days. If you didn't and just painted it and put it right on, its gonna run.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%