Cake Sticking

Decorating By amanda4911 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 3:56pm by Loucinda

amanda4911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amanda4911 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 8

I grease and flour my pans and my white cake is sticking terribly. All my other flavors are coming out fine. I am using Duncan Hines classic white mix. Are there any tricks to getting it to release?

7 replies
Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 8

Yes - instead of greasing and flouring, toss equal parts oil, shortening and flour into your mixer, blend together and put that on your pans instead - refrigerate any extra.

I learned that on here and I'm pretty sure that a real live angel came up with that recipe.

Williamus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Williamus Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 8

I grease the bottom of the pan, line the bottom with a piece of parchement paper, then spray the pan with "Baker's Joy". Never had a cake stick.

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 8

I second the shortening/flour/oil recipe! I just keep a container in the fridge with a pastry brush. Works like a charm! Cheap and easy cuz its all stuff you've probably got on hand.

amanda4911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amanda4911 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much. I am going to try shortening,flour, and oil right now.

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 8

You won't be disappointed!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 8

I just baked a DH white cake last night and the SIDES literally fell off.
thank goodness the cake I made didn't require a pretty base of a cake! I thought it was the pan I used!

Haven't made that 'homemade' grease yet, but had it in my file. Now I will try it for sure!!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 8

I use the homemade (oil, flour, shortning) mix too, and never have any problems at all with cakes sticking. Works like a charm!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%