Royal Icing Tiara And Parchment

Decorating By KristyCakes Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm by sugarsugargal

KristyCakes Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 7

So after patching back together 3 royal icing tiaras, I'd just like to say that you should not substitute parchment paper for waxed paper! The parchment stuck so badly, I broke almost every tiara trying to remove it... Lesson learned! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Loucinda Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 7

I don't even try to use royal anymore for my tiaras I use gumpaste - IMO it works out much better, they are not nearly as fragile. Here is a pic of one I did recently:
LL

DianeLM Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 7

I don't use parchment or wax paper. I use plastic wrap for all things royal. It practically falls right off. No sticking ever.

KristyCakes Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 7

Loucinda, beautiful tiara! I will certainly try this with my next request. It's absolutely beautiful and so much smoother than the royal. Thank you!

Brenda0217 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 7

I agree Loucinda what a beautiful tiara! I will have to try it that way also. Thank you.

Loucinda Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 3:19am
post #6 of 7

Thank you! I use gum glue (just some gumpaste dissolved in water) to glue the "joints" together. I also put the bottom edge of the tiara on last - that way it has a nice finished look to it (all the edges are then hidden behind the main band that way) This is the only way I will make them now, they are much easier to handle then the royal or chocolate ones!

sugarsugargal Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 7

Loucinda this is lovely icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%