Royal Icing Tiara And Parchment

Decorating By KristyCakes Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm by sugarsugargal

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 7

So after patching back together 3 royal icing tiaras, I'd just like to say that you should not substitute parchment paper for waxed paper! The parchment stuck so badly, I broke almost every tiara trying to remove it... Lesson learned! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 7

I don't even try to use royal anymore for my tiaras I use gumpaste - IMO it works out much better, they are not nearly as fragile. Here is a pic of one I did recently:
LL

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 7

I don't use parchment or wax paper. I use plastic wrap for all things royal. It practically falls right off. No sticking ever.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 7

Loucinda, beautiful tiara! I will certainly try this with my next request. It's absolutely beautiful and so much smoother than the royal. Thank you!

Brenda0217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda0217 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 7

I agree Loucinda what a beautiful tiara! I will have to try it that way also. Thank you.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 3:19am
post #6 of 7

Thank you! I use gum glue (just some gumpaste dissolved in water) to glue the "joints" together. I also put the bottom edge of the tiara on last - that way it has a nice finished look to it (all the edges are then hidden behind the main band that way) This is the only way I will make them now, they are much easier to handle then the royal or chocolate ones!

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 7

Loucinda this is lovely icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%