Wasc Cake Made With Lemon Cake Mix?

Baking By Julisa Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 1:39am by sophie691

Julisa Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone ever used a lemon cake mix in place of the white and lemon extract in place of almond when making this receipe?

I love the way the original tases, but need it to be a yellow collored lemon flavored cake.

Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.
Julisa

8 replies
Uniqueask Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 9

Yed I did and it tasted great, I still used the almond extract, and the lemon instead of vanilla
and if you do not want to use sourcream you can use plain yogurt I do this sometimes, I use all the different cake mixes with the WASC recipe and get raves

Julisa Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks Uniqueask, Your a sweetie.

Ruth0209 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 9

Yes, I do that all the time. I still use the vanilla, but I use concentrated lemon in place of the almond. I don't like the taste of lemon extract much, so I always just use real lemon juice. I'm pretty generous with the juice. A couple of tablespoons as part of your water.

Julisa Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 9

Ok. I made it with the lemon mix used sour cream, omitted the almond (customer doesn't like it) and added the lemon juice concentrate. It tastes GREAT. (At least the best I have ever had). I was so glad that there was more batter than needed so I could eat the "extra" cake. I didn't even ice just honked it down with a glass of water. YUMMMMM

tiffanyp23 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 9

I actually made one this past week for my family and me. I used Lemon cake mix and lemon pudding mix and lemon juice instead of extract. It was delish. icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 9

........if you do not want to use sourcream you can use plain yogurt ........

When the flavors match you can use flavored yogurt.....like in this case lemon yogurt.

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 10:02pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julisa

Has anyone ever used a lemon cake mix in place of the white and lemon extract in place of almond when making this receipe?

I love the way the original tases, but need it to be a yellow collored lemon flavored cake.

Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.
Julisa

I have and I didn't like it at all, nor did my taste testers. We all thought it tasted "too fake." So now I make the WASC lemon flavored with fresh lemon juice and a yellow cake mix. It has a lovely taste and a wonderful light aftertaste and isn't overpowering or fake at all. icon_biggrin.gif

sophie691 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:39am
post #9 of 9

save

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%