Cake Dummies

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 11:38pm by sweetcakesbydesign

sweetcakesbydesign Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:39am
post #1 of 4

I'm concidering buying dummy cakes to decorate so i have more pictures on my webpage. Soes anyone have any tips on how to do this...I only need the BC or MMf on only long enough to decorate and snap a picture.
~Can you cover in BC?
~Do you put piping gel under the fondant to make it stick?
~How do you get the BC or MMF off the dummy?

Any other info would also be alot of help

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 4

there are lots of posts about this, with a lot more helpful tips in them (the main one is to get rounded edges on your dummy stops fondant tearing so easily) but to answer your questions:
- bc, fondant, royal, whatever you want.
- you can use piping gel, or just spritz with water (or do a proper crumb coat - not needed, but some people like it, especially if you want to practice real cake things, not just decorating).
- if your icing has dried through, it may just break off with a bit of effort (one post talks about putting it in a carrier bag and whacking it, contains the mess). you can soak it in hot water. if its fresh icing, just pull/ scrape it off, and wipe down.

HarleyDee Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 4

Here's a link to a thread where I was asking about dummy cakes too icon_smile.gif

sweetcakesbydesign Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks harleydee and brincess_b.

Quote by @%username% on %date%