Can You Speed Up Drying Time With Fondant

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 6:03pm by Deb_

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:18am
post #1 of 11

Is there any way to speed up mmf drying faster? I am making a baseball mit, and I think I waited to long to make it. Is there enything I can go to make it dry faster? I painted it lightly.

10 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:40am
post #2 of 11

You could put it in front of a fan, or put it in the oven with just the light on or if you have a dehydrator use that.

madgeowens Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:46am
post #3 of 11

ooh the oven light sounds like a winner, thanks

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 8:27am
post #4 of 11

Just put something over the oven controls...a magnet or post-it note or something...so you remember that you've got something in there and don't end up turning on the oven.

madgeowens Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 11

I once stored an edimal image of my grandaughter in the oven and forgot.........yikes what a mess, it was covered with plastic , turned on oven........sheesh

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 1:52am
post #6 of 11

... and DON'T be tempted to warm up the oven by preheating it "just a little" to help speed things up! (Ask me how I know?!) icon_redface.gif

madgeowens Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:49am
post #7 of 11

LOL.....ouch that would totally suck....sounds like me

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:05am
post #8 of 11

I've also put things like this under a desk lamp.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:15am
post #9 of 11

I was astonished by how much heat that little oven light puts out. I was skeptical the first time I read that suggestion, but it really works.

DO put a post-it note or something on the controls so you don't forget and turn on the oven. I just saw that on an episode of Amazing Wedding Cakes when the woman in Chicago forgot and turned on the oven. Even the super-pros makes those mistakes!

MichelleLandreth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleLandreth Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 11

My ex-husband made me a dehydrator out of a large square container. He cut a hole large enough for a fan he removed from a computer tower and inserted this into the container *backwards* so that it would remove moisture. I had a ton of baby bootie mints that I needed to dry. It worked like a charm!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 6:03pm
post #11 of 11

I have a "lighted" curio cabinet that I use to store my figures and aid in drying time, it works great.

I am no longer allowed to store things in my oven...........don't ask icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%