I Hate Chocolate Cake...

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 8:24pm by teenycakes

mindy1204 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:06am
post #1 of 12

I am making a chocolate cake for a gift for tomorrow night... I baked it last night, torted it and froze it. Tonight I got take it out to fill it and it just broke apart in my hand. It was just to moist. I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate and added Choc pudding.

Now I have another cake in the oven Chocolate Betty crocker with pudding and an extra egg, I just hope this one doesnt break apart.

I never have problems with any of my other cakes...

Any great chocolate cake recipes that just dont break apart in my hand?

BUT... the pieces tasted delish with the PB filling...

11 replies
diane Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:29am
post #2 of 12

oooh...duncan heinz has one of the moistest chocolate cake mixes...and adding pudding to it makes it even more moist. you might have to leave out the pudding, or add cake flour to it. icon_wink.gif

matthewkyrankelly Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:40am
post #3 of 12

Hershey's cocoa recipe on the back label is good and sturdy and from scratch. I usually make a box mix but often have trouble getting a hold of the DH butter recipe chocolate. Have you tried it w/out the pudding? It holds up well for me and it sounds like we handle our the same way. And I always add some coffee to my chocolates.

RachieRach Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:30am
post #4 of 12

I always use the Hershey recipe on the back of the cocoa canister - it never fails me and it goes great with peanut butter. My family's favorite cake is hershey's chocolate cake with chocolate peanut butter frosting.

Tiffany29 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:24am
post #5 of 12

I lso recomend the hershey cocoa recipe. Everyone loves it. It is my go to recipe for choc cake. It turns out great everytime! icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:41am
post #6 of 12

I use the DH dark chocolate all the time with the WASC recipe (reduce the eggs to 6 and omit almond extract) Never have a problem with it. I actually have 2-16", 2- 12" and 2- 8" of them setting here waiting to be crumb coated and iced today.

mindy1204 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:54am
post #7 of 12

Maybe I will try the chocolate WASC cake the next time I need one. I rebaked it and will frost it today...hope it goes well the cake needs to be delivered tonight.

diane Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I use the DH dark chocolate all the time with the WASC recipe (reduce the eggs to 6 and omit almond extract) Never have a problem with it. I actually have 2-16", 2- 12" and 2- 8" of them setting here waiting to be crumb coated and iced today.

hmmm...sour cream with chocolate?? does it really go together? icon_confused.gif

Clovers Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:44pm
post #9 of 12

diane - the only chocolate recipe I make now is the chocolate WASC. It's excellent, holds up great and tastes great!

Loucinda Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:00pm
post #10 of 12

Yes, they (chocolate and sour cream) go together wonderfully. It is my standard chocolate cake recipe - people go nuts over it.

xstitcher Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:59pm
post #11 of 12

I love my chocolate WASC too! icon_biggrin.gif

teenycakes Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 8:24pm
post #12 of 12

I make the "Sunday Best Chocolate Cake" from Diana's Desserts all the time. It works well for cakes and cupcakes, and it tastes delicious.

Here's the link:
http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/1393/Recipe.cfm

Best of luck,

Teenycakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%