Anyone Used The Jem Deck Chair And Umbrella Cutters?

Decorating By Price Updated 24 Aug 2010 , 1:00am by mlwideman

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 10

I just got my new cutters today. I was expecting to use them with gumpaste. I was reading the instructions and they recommended using JEM Petal Paste. The recipe for the Petal Paste is egg white, powdered sugar and Jem Petal Powder (which from what I have seen is Tylose Powder).

If you have used the cutters did you use the Jem Petal Paste or gum paste?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Jean

9 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 10

I'm watching this with you, sorry I don't have the answer.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:01am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

I'm watching this with you, sorry I don't have the answer.

So am I

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:42am
post #4 of 10

hey friend!

I used satin ice gumpaste in them for my cherry hog cake.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:43am
post #5 of 10

BTW, being the loser that I am, I lost your toy box email AGAIN! please resend for blog??? icon_smile.gif

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:59am
post #6 of 10

I'm so glad you asked as I have had those things for about two months and was wondering the same thing. Thank you for answering Sharon. I didn't even know Satin Ice made gumpaste! I know what to order now and maybe I can make this before the Summer is gone for good.

Price Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:30pm
post #7 of 10

Sharon, Thanks so much! I bought a tub of the Satin Ice Gumpaste to use, but then when I saw the instructions I wasn't sure if I should use that or not. I'm hoping to get a chance to play with the cutters over the weekend. I'll let you all know how they turn out.

Jean

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 10

Please do as I need to still get the wire for it but wanted to know your thoughts.

Price Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:29am
post #9 of 10

I just finished my cake with the deck chair tonight. The cutters worked great and I have to say --- I LOVE SATIN ICE GUMPASTE!

First time I used the Satin Ice Gumpaste. I normally use Satin Ice Fondant with a little Tylose added. I think the gumpaste was much easier to work with and manipulate.

mlwideman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlwideman Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 1:00am
post #10 of 10

The instructions with the JEM deck chair are a little confusing. For those that have used the cutters, the directions state to make two petal paste covered 40mm wire pieces per chair. In the pictures I am seeing it appears that there are actually three (one at the bottom of the chair and two to hold the 'fabric' of the chair). Am I missing something? Also I don't have the JEM roller pad that the directions call for. Is it a necessity?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%