High Ratio Shortening

Decorating By pattigunter Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 1:53pm by pattigunter

pattigunter Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 4

Do any of you use a brand named Bake Mark? I usually use Sweetex but I have a chance to buy a 50lb cube of Bake Mark. I just hate to buy it without knowing anything about its quality.

3 replies
pattigunter Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:29am
post #2 of 4

Anyone? 50 lbs will last me 2 years or more but I've never heard of this brand.

Normita Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 4

They also have 50 lbs bag of sweetex shortening, have you looked into that? A local bakery in town sells bakery mark high ratio shortening and I have used that a number of times. I personally, have not noticed any difference between that brand and sweetex. I know that it is much cheaper than sweetex. Like I said, I use it and have had no problems. I think the shortening has to be high ratio to get results with a shortening based BC. And there are many brands of high ratio like sweetex or even alpine. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

pattigunter Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you. Yes I know Sweetex comes in 50 lb boxes, I just finished using mine - bought it almost 2 years ago. I found the other much cheaper though and wanted to see if anyone else had ever used it before I bought it. Its almost 1/2 of the cost of sweetex - thats a pretty big difference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%