Ice Cream Cone Cupcake Pan

Baking By Texas_Rose Updated 31 Aug 2009 , 12:44am by Bluehue

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 8

My sister bought me a really neat pan: http://www.nordicware.com/store/products/detail/ice-cream-cone-cupcake-pan/46BC7406-3798-102B-9A56-00137233C6B0

She bought it at the thrift store for $2. I usually steer clear of Nordic ware pans because I can never get stuff to come out of them without sticking, but this one is too cool to resist.

Have you tried this pan? Does it work best with pam spray, the flour/oil spray, or cake release?

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't tried it! But it looks really cool! I would pray it with pam and then put flour on all over it.

Good luck!

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 8

I HAVE THE SILICONE CUPCAKE PAN. THEY TURN OUT CUTE BUT NO WAY TOGET THEM TO STAND WITHOUT TOPPELING.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 8

i have the wilton one and i just use the cake release with it. i can't say about nordicware though. sorry icon_sad.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:03am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyLady

I HAVE THE SILICONE CUPCAKE PAN. THEY TURN OUT CUTE BUT NO WAY TOGET THEM TO STAND WITHOUT TOPPELING.

I was thinking about that too...but I figured I'd get a piece of styrofoam, cover it with tissue paper, stick toothpicks in and then stand the cakes up on the toothpicks...maybe icon_biggrin.gif...or it might go in the cupboard with the other interesting pans she's bought me.

She also bought me some molds that she thought were for big chocolate bars. They're for soap and when I told her that, she said, "Well, then they'd be real clean to use for chocolate."

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 8

you an ue those plastic parfait cups to stnd them up but have to pack pretty close together in a box with maybe tissue paper between each one...also I use th spinning leaf soap molds (new) for my chocolate all the time...if they ae plastic, you cannot wash in HOT water, just like chocolate molds or it will lose its coating and you will never get chocolate out of mold.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 12:13am
post #7 of 8

I make a bundt cake for my husband at least once a week in a Nordic Ware pan. I swear by the Pam for baking. Just spray the pan well. Once you take the pan out of the oven don't wait more than 10 minutes to flip the cake out of the pan. Once it starts to cool the chances of it sticking are much greater. Good luck....

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 12:44am
post #8 of 8

Morning Texas Rose,
Yes, i have that pan and have used it.

Might sound a bit icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif but as soon as i took the cakes out of the pan i held them by the top and gently twisted them on the kitchen bench, which *flattened* their little bottoms a bit.
After a minnie or two the bottoms were flat and they stood straight, by themselves.

Best done whilst warm. thumbs_up.gif

I used a chocolate batter (so as the cones looked chocolate icon_rolleyes.gif )
And topped with a coloured buttercream high swirl.
Kids thought they were great...icon_lol.gif

Oh, and i used the Wilton *bake easy* release spray.
Used my pastry brush to make sure every indentation was coated - cakes popped out very easy.

Bluehue.
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%