White Chocolate Smbc

Decorating By sugarMomma Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 7:37am by Toptier

sugarMomma Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone try it?

It is listed as a variation to the SMBC recipe here, and I was wondering if it changes the consistency of the SMBC. I actually wouldn't mind to make the icing more sturdy.

3 replies
Toptier Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 4

Actually, white choc IMBC is my bc of choice, I love it and my clients do too! It is firmer and, if done right, silky smooth. You do have to be careful adding the white choc, it needs to be pretty warm and the egg white mixture needs to be still warm too, otherwise you will get white choc lumps which are a pain in the a$$.

It works well under fondant because it is firmer than regular IMBC and I like it for bc covered cakes as well b/c it doesn't show every ding as much as softer imbc.

I don't know about that recipe but I use: 14.8 oz. egg whites, 9 oz. sugar syrup cooked to 248 F., 2 lbs. white choc (the real stuff, I use Callebaut), 3# unsalted butter, 2 oz. flavor of choice. Makes a huge batch that fits in my 5 qt. mixer (probably makes about 4 qts)

Try it, good luck!

sugarMomma Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:13am
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much! How do you get 14.8 oz of egg whites, is that a pre-measured carton? Or do you use a scale. i actually have a tiny measuring cup the size of a shot glass, but I use it for garden applications.

Toptier Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:37am
post #4 of 4

I do use a scale...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%