Show Us Your Best Rebuttal

Business By sweetlayers Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 1:14pm by cylstrial

sweetlayers Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 16

I usually get nothing but praise from clients, whether I know them or not. However, this is one client I lost and I'm glad! I did everything I could at the time and when I asked her about it she smiled and said, "everything is fine"..., However, she blasted me on a review site. Anyways, I have tons of positive reviews so I'm not really worried, however I'm considering sending this to the client. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Just curious, about what you have said or done in the past to remedy any negative reviews you unfairly received. Feel free to share.

It was my pleasure serving you. However, from the negative review left on xxxxx, it seems you were less than pleased with the services provided.

If my memory and records serve me correctly, the completion of your order was rushed because it was placed in an untimely manner, meaning we were given less than 24 hours to complete a 3-day project. Also, because we knew we would be unable to meet your celebration needs, we promptly notified you, provided a HEFTY discount of $xx.00 and gave you a GENEROUS discount coupon to use on a future order. Each of these benefits was provided BEFORE this negative review was written.

Even though we were never personally notified of your level of dissatisfaction, our pre-emptive actions demonstrate our level of dedication and commitment to each of our clients. And what was provided to you went above and beyond what was deserved in an effort to resolve your discontent.

In addition, we regret that you did not feel comfortable discussing your frustrations with us before posting a misleading comment on this trusted site.

Kind regards,

15 replies
Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 16

personally... I LOVE IT!

__Jamie__ Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 16

Awesome! I haven't had to deal with something like this, and hope I never do. I really hate the fact that some of those sites allow pretty much anything just by simply registering an email address. I mean, if I wanted to be nasty, I could go register a fake email addy in about 12 seconds flat and really screw someone up on their online advertisement. The thought horrifies me.

Like the crazy E-bay users that leave negative feedback for stupid stupid things. icon_sad.gif

cakegrandma Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 16

I'm so sorry she had the nerve to leave a horrible review, especially when she gave you an order that she should of turned in days earlier! Like the cake programs on TV often show condensed versions, many people think it can be done with a twitch of our noses like a genie or a witch. I for one would love to be able to do that once in a while!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I'm sure that everyone who knows your work will consider the source, especially if they know her, and not give it another thought. Hugs to you! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
evelyn

-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 16

I don't know--I'm reading attitude in there. Like the client is getting blamed for what seems like you guys accepted a rush job that you then discovered you couldn't do and you tried to cya and your a got some exposure anyhow.

I'm just reading between the lines but I would recommend editing it to remove that.

I mean by the time I get to "Kind Regards", I'm not feeling the love I'm a little beat up.

Maybe it's just me.

I don't know you're close to calling her a liar by saying she wrote a misleading report--you're all over the place with this. I don't know seems like you're doing some clock cleaning. I mean nothing wrong with that either but the Kind regards ain't working for me all things considered.

What is your point to write this? I'm just curious. It seems like you want a nip of blood--'we were great and well we want to kindly let you know you suck'. Why?

~~~~I might be being a bit too frank huh?~~~~

I mean take off the gloves and filet her or apologize.
But what you wrote is confusing to me.
kind refreakingards?

SugarFrosted Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 16

What I see in your letter is that you made a list to remind her of all the ways you bent over backwards to accomodate this client. You asked for feedback and got "It's fine" but were blindsided when she left a bad review.

I wish people would be honest, but I also want them to appreciate my efforts. The problem is people want what they want when they want it, and they couldn't care less how much trouble we go to for them. And most will never tell you to your face if there is a problem. They prefer to talk behind your back.

I understand what you have written, but I think it won't make one whit's worth of difference. Send it if it makes YOU feel better, but don't expect it to change anything.

I agree with what __Jamie__ said. Crazy people write crazy things just because they can.

-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

What I see in your letter is that you made a list to remind her of all the ways you bent over backwards to accomodate this client. You asked for feedback and got "It's fine" but were blindsided when she left a bad review...

I mean she makes a list of all the bad things the client does too.

Chick placed an untimely order (then you shouldn't have taken it!)

How could it be her pleasure to serve her when she writes such a clean your clock letter?

She says she wrote a misleading comment.

How can it be a pleasure to serve someone who orders late and then writes a nasty review?
Why send kind regards.
At some point it's no longer pleasant.

She says, "And what was provided to you went above and beyond what was deserved"--that wording could be explosive. You give the chick all this stuff so she won't be pissed--well she's pissed anyhow now you tell her she didn't deserve that stuff? whoa

Torch her or kiss her butt but doing both is like a roller coaster going both directions.

sweetcravings Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:01am
post #8 of 16

I have to agree with K8 on this one. Sounds pretty harsh, and honestly somewhat unprofessional to me. Kinda like you are stooping to their level. I don't agree with what this client did by any stretch of the imagination. I just think i would rewrite it in a different manner. Stating something like..all efforts we made to work with this client etc...Instead of listing all the nitty gritty details of the situation.JMHO

maryjsgirl Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:48am
post #9 of 16

I wouldn't post this.

I would be afraid of this opening the door for people who see you offer up discounts and coupons. You may get people trying to scam and take advantage of you.

Cookie45 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:03am
post #10 of 16

There's just something about the internet and the lack of a face to face conversation that makes people thing they can say anything with no repercussions. I think I might call the lady and inquire about the post confronting her, but with kindness, if you feel the need to understand why she said what she did. It may not make a difference, but she might think twice about doing it in the future.

sleepy33 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:32am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

I wouldn't post this.

I would be afraid of this opening the door for people who see you offer up discounts and coupons. You may get people trying to scam and take advantage of you.

I don't think she intends to post it to the website, but send it as a private letter to the client, which makes it slightly less inappropriate.

Personally, I think it's a pretty passive-aggressive note, and I don't see much point in it, from a professional angle. On a personal angle, I totally appreciate the very delicious snarky attitude; I think just writing it and sticking it in a drawer should make you feel better. If you really want to send a letter, I would send a very sweet, pleasant one, apologizing for her dissatisfaction and telling her you certainly hope she'll give you a second chance in the future. That's just the way my mama taught me. When folks are ugly to you, nothing chaps their hide more than when you are just nice as pie back at them.

sweetlayers Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:50am
post #12 of 16

Thanks for your opinions. I'm over it now. Guess I just needed to let it out!

SweetMelissa2007 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:53am
post #13 of 16

I think it's great to vent to us or family and friends but I think you should not even grace this person with a response. If she's already pissed, it doesn't matter what you write. She'll turn it around on you and then you'll look even worse-unprofessional! Just ignore it and chalk it up to you can't please everyone! Oh and NEVER EVER EVER EVER take an order from her again!!! SHE'S FIRED!!!

costumeczar Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:33pm
post #14 of 16

If you REALLY think that the review she posted was wrong, then you could contact the site administrator and ask that it be taken down.

indydebi Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 12:58am
post #15 of 16

If you choose to respond, make it a more positive response. I think you wrote the above when you were still emotional over the issue, and that comes thru. (At my first real job, I was SO lucky to be trained by a lady who taught us, "When you get 'one of those' customers, you sit down and write the letter that just expresses everything you feel! Then you tear it up and write the letter that you SHOULD send to him.")

Plus I agree with costumeczar. I had (what turned out to be) a bogus bad review on wedding wire and they removed it right away.

Below is my suggested rendition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlayers

It was my pleasure serving you. However, from the negative review left on xxxxx, it seems you were less than pleased with the services provided.

If my memory and records serve me correctly, the completion of your order was rushed because it was placed in an untimely manner, meaning we were given less than 24 hours to complete a 3-day project. Also, because we knew we would be unable to meet your celebration needs, we promptly notified you, provided a HEFTY discount of $xx.00 and gave you a GENEROUS discount coupon to use on a future order. Each of these benefits was provided BEFORE this negative review was written.

Even though we were never personally notified of your level of dissatisfaction, our pre-emptive actions demonstrate our level of dedication and commitment to each of our clients. And what was provided to you went above and beyond what was deserved in an effort to resolve your discontent.

In addition, we regret that you did not feel comfortable discussing your frustrations with us before posting a misleading comment on this trusted site.

Kind regards,

It was my pleasure serving you. However, from the negative review left on xxxxx, it seems you were less than pleased with the services provided. I am confused by this review since you indicated everything was fine with your order.

While the cake you selected is normally a 3-day project, we were able to provide your order to you with less than 24 hours notice. When we realized we would be unable to meet part of the requirements, we notified you right away plus issued a discounted price and a coupon to use on a future order. I think these pro-active endeavors on our part illustrate our commitment to our customers and to the quality of our product.

I am sorry that you did not feel comfortable discussing your frustrations with us before posting this review, and would have loved the opportunity to work out a solution with you. We are able to grow our business and improve our work processes with feedback, good and bad, from our customers. Please feel free to contact me anytime at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

cylstrial Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:14pm
post #16 of 16

There ya go! IndyDebi has the perfect response to your mean cake customer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%