Fondant Question?

Decorating By PJ0207 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 2:49pm by Kimmers971

PJ0207 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, i have to do a cake for monday or tuesday next week and realized i don't have any fondant or didn't order any online which whould take 2-5 days ground and don't feel like spending a fortune for next day or 2nd day shipping and since its the weekend companies don't process orders. does anyone know where I can find fondant? (I would normally get Satin Ice brand) I would not prefer to use Wilton due to its bad taste. thumbsdown.gif I read though on the Satin Ice website that they do sell to customers in supermarkets....anyone know what supermarkets? thanks very much icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mcdonald Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 5

where do you live??? I am in Dallas and there are two cake supply stores here that sell it. Do you have any cake stores locally???

If not, you might try making your own fondant. There are several recipes on this site and most get rave reviews... each are a little different, it is just a personal preference thing. A lot of people make MMF (Marshmallow fondant) which is easy to do but you need to get started now. I have also heard of people making a batch of fondant and mixing it with the WIlton. They said it helps the taste a lot. Who knows.. didn't think anything could help that taste!!! Anyway, it would help give you some stability to your homemade fondant...

Just a thought... hope it helps!!

Yuni Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 5

MMF girl~! about $5 n half an hour you'll get about 3 1/2 lb fondant~ icon_wink.gif

PJ0207 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 5

thanks, and no there aren't any cake supply stores locally icon_sad.gif ......i would make mmf but some recipes seem to difficult and finicky about being to hard or too soft.....oh does anyone know if a bakery that uses fondant would sell it to customers?

Kimmers971 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 5

Where are you located? GSA ships the same day (usually) and I get it within 2 days at no extra charge.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%