White Cake Recipe Neded

Baking By Lisa1050 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 9:03pm by Williamus

Lisa1050 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa1050 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 11

I need a recipe for a very moist white cake> I recently made the white velvet butter cake from the cake bible recipe book (if anyone is familiar with that ) I found this cake very dry. I looked in the CC recipes and there are so many I need help picking one. Thanks

10 replies
Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:34am
post #2 of 11

I love the WASC (white almond sour cream) recipe on here. Everyone that I have ever made it for loves it an I just had someone request a cake and they wanted the flavor just like the baby shower cake I did, which is the wasc. I really like it.

Lisa1050 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:40am
post #3 of 11

Thanks, I think I'll try it this weekend!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:47am
post #4 of 11

I love the WASC too. I like to do my white cakes though with that recipe but I make a few revisions. No almond flavoring and add a pack of sugar free white chocolate jello pudding mix (just the powder, don't actually make the pudding). Add a little more water to it if it is too thick and be sure to only use egg whites to keep it white. I also like to sub mayonaise for the sour cream in that recipe. It is great!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:55am
post #5 of 11

Here is the link to the WASC, White Almond Sour Cream cake. It is the best I have ever tried and it is true every single time you bake it. icon_biggrin.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7445-4-The-Original-WASC-cake-recipe.html

Williamus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Williamus Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 11

I use the cake bible all the time...and I've never found that recipe dry. Two problems you may have had 1) overbaked? 2) mis-measured the milk. Try it again...I think it's really really delicious. (In fact, I used it for a birthday cake recently with a very very thin layer of ganache between the layers, and the Strawberry Mousseline Butter cream frosting. It was a huge hit!

Williamus Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 11

OOPS sorry.. I used the white chocolate whisper cake for the birthday cake (although I've used the recipe that you've mentioned in the past, and not found it dry at all. )

Lisa1050 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:40am
post #8 of 11

Can I ask if you measure of weigh your ingredients?

Williamus Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #9 of 11

I'm obsessive...I weigh everything, including liquids. a lot of liquid measuring cups are inaccurate, and the cups that I have are definitely off. The only ingredients I don't weigh are things in very small amounts (extracts, baking powder, etc)...I use spoons...everything else gets weighed. I'm a big fan of the cake bible...not every recipe is perfect, but many of them are quite spectacular.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 11

I measure most everything! icon_smile.gif

Williamus Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:03pm
post #11 of 11

Lisa1050:
The recipes in the cake bible usually work fine if you measure the only thing is...and I don't know if you caught this when reading the book...the recipes are designed that when you measure the flour, you sift the flour directly into the measuring cup and then level it off. This will give you much less flour than if you scoop and level or if you pour or spoon the flour into the cup. Hope some of this is helpful. (I know, I know...I'm obsessive)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%