How Long Can Cake Last In Room Temp?

Decorating By Adevag Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 2:43am by tonedna

Adevag Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:27am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I will be making a cake that -once assembled and decorated- will be hard to refrigerate. I will have heavy cream in the filling and I have no idea how long dairy can be out in room temp (indoors) to stay fresh. I don't eat dairy products myself so I know little about them... thanks for any help

3 replies
Normita Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:40am
post #2 of 4

I am no expert...and I might be mistaken but dairy products and fruit fillings have to be refigerated. I know that when I use my whip cream, it is a non dairy (frostin pride) this can stay out. I hope some other more experienced CC'ers can correct me if I am wrong. But I would keep refigerated. Are all the fillings going to have that filling?

Adevag Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #3 of 4

I will keep it refrigerated until I put the final decorations on and that will be the same day as I deliver. I just wanted to know if it's ok for it to be out at least a couple of hours. How long does it take fondant to come back to normal look without the condensation from being so cold? I don't want a cake with puddles on it.

tonedna Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:43am
post #4 of 4

If it has that kind of filling is best to refirgerate. If you use something like bettercream then you can leave
outside overnight with no problem.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%