Betty Boop

Decorating By ingrid05 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm by adree313

ingrid05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ingrid05 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, Im a newbie and i was asked to do a Betty boop cake. Can someone please give me an idea how this can be done in the most simple way possible. Thank you in advance. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 4

Debbie Brown did a Betty Boops cake in her book called, "Favourite Character Cakes". She gives how to instructions and has a couple templates in the back. She made a little Betty Boop character and had it standing on a heart shaped cake. Not sure how easy that would be, but it's a great couple of pages!! icon_smile.gif I got the book at my local library. If your library doesn't have it, ask them to do an Inter Library Loan and they can find it for you. Good luck!

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 4

I have a sheet cake with a buttercream transfer on it in my gallery. If you want to do this type of cake, find a cute photo of Bette Boop, print it, and also print a mirror image of it. I like to laminate my printed images, that way they can be used again. I then take piping gel and outline the photo. Turn it over and lightly press it onto the cake. When you pull the photo off, a very light gel image will be left on the cake. You can then fill this in with stars and out line it. It's very easy to do. Hope this helps you.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 4

i've never done one, but i think a fbct (frozen buttercream transfer) is the way to go. in my opinion, i think they look a little nicer as opposed to just filling in with stars because they are completely smooth. just be sure you mirror image your picture or else it'll be backwards! post a pic when you're done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%