3D Roller Skate Cake...please Help!

Decorating By CakeTitans Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 2:13pm by CakeTitans

CakeTitans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeTitans Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 4

I received an order for a 3D Roller Skate cake. . .and there are soo many cute ones posted here on CC. Problem is. . .I just don't know how one supports the cake so it looks like it's standing on the wheels. Any suggestions? TIA!

3 replies
CakeTitans Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone. . .anyone? Bueller. . .

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 4

variation of how you do a car or truck to get the off the ground look -- just adapt shape of board to shape of shoe.

added benefit -- board can be thicker -- like the sole of the shoe -- and then you can do a dowel that is glued and screwed into the board to support the cake even more solidly

in this case, I'd suggest a solid block to support and then use that to hold axles and attach wheels to axles.

----

of course -- if the cake didn't need to be "that" big -- I just might hit a thrift shop or similar, buy a real pair of skates, cut the boot off of one (or both for double the cake) and then superglue the wheels so they couldn't spin, glue to a support board, cover the remaining shoe base with something sanitary and build the cake on that --- or just remove the trucks (axles and wheels) from the shoes and attach to a masonite or MDF board and build the cake on that.
LL

CakeTitans Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your help, Doug! That's exactly what I was looking for. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%