Sugar Tile Ideas

Decorating By DanaG21 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 3:07pm by DanaG21

DanaG21 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 7

Are there any pictures of sugar tile cakes posted by anyone yet? I'm doing a wedding cake but can't really get inspired by just tiles...... Any suggestions?

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 7

Did you see that Food Network challenge where the lady used the tiles? Maybe someone knows her name and you could look at her website. She was just on this past week's challenge. But I can't think of her name.

DanaG21 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 7

I did see her and that is where I got the idea - I'm just thinking it might need something else and was curious what others had done with the tiles.

karrotcurl Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:42am
post #4 of 7

I just did one, but I doubt it's as pretty as anything you'd do. I actually got inspired by the "ornaments" font and printed out a bunch of characters inside a square. It was really just to practice the technique, but the person LOVED it and I got a wedding cake order out of it! Good luck!

Briarview Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:12am
post #5 of 7

I have seen a cake with shades of pink sugar tiles and I got the recipe and the picture but for the life of me I can't find it. I am sure it was on this site as I have a private message in my inbox regarding this. I've looked through all my posts within the last month and can't find a thing. I even bought the silicone molds. Jenn2179 was the person who pm me so perhaps if you pm her she might help. Sorry not much help am I and now I am so frustrated but am still going to keep looking.

Briarview Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:16am
post #6 of 7
DanaG21 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you sooo much - it is extremely helpful to actually get a visual!!! I love the colors. I wish my bride would have picked pink and not saphire blue! Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%