Does Anyone Have The Sugarcraft Gun?

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 9:37pm by tanyascakes

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 25

Hello! Does anyone have the Sugarcraft gun (with 16 discs)? Just curious if you like it because I was thinking of getting it. Thanks so much!

24 replies
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 25

Am I not allowed to ask this question? They blocked the brand name. It's Sugar Craft (but one word).

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:20pm
post #3 of 25

Forget it! :0(

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 25

DO you mean extruder?

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 25

It's like a clay gun. The first word is sugar and the second word is craft.

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 25

Try spelling it backwards

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 25

For the money difference I love the green one (Makins) I got a hobby lobby.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 25

I also use the Makins and found it for about $20

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:50pm
post #9 of 25

I like makins too!
Edna icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:02pm
post #10 of 25

Is it the red and black one? I know that lots of top decorators use that one, but I have the green Makins Professional. It is very affordable and you can wait for Hobby Lobby or Michael's to have 40-50% coupons. I got mine at Hobby Lobby. It was marked $24.99 but with 40% off, it was only $14.99. It was well worth that much to see if I liked it or not.

I just attended a class where both were used and people who had never used the red and black one seemed to have more trouble with it.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:27pm
post #11 of 25

That word is blocked from this site, so just type it out with spaces. I have that one and I love it.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:56pm
post #12 of 25

I don't understand blocking!! I asked about that several days ago when it was my turn to ask about the black/red gun, but no one replied! Why are certain brand names blocked? Inquiring minds need to know!!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:29pm
post #13 of 25

Hey Sharon, I know that you have much more experience than I do, But I have heard a lot of people say that Gun is hard to use, and I am about to purchase it from your site, My Question is will be able to use it or is it something you have to get use to

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm
post #14 of 25

Grandmom....Last year here on CC there was a heated thread about S U G A R C R A F T and the company and complaints etc...and they contacted Heath and Jackie and threatened a defamation lawsuit or something like that because of the way some members were slamming their business.So from now on anything typed out with that name automatically gets a "blocked" word in it's place.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #15 of 25

I have the s.u.g.a.r c.r.a.f.t clay gun...and i really loved it..until my little sister accidently threw out all of my discs icon_sad.gif and i only had it for like 1 week ..how sad

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:43pm
post #16 of 25

Hi, everyone. I couldn't find the Makins' one at my Hobbly Lobby or Michael's. But I did fnd the sculpey clay extruder at hobby lobby. It was a silver looking one. Cost 19.99 but used the 40% coupon so I got it cheaper than that. Has anyone used that one? I hope it works okay, I am taking it to Aine2's class this weekend. I will let you know when I try it out. I would love to find a Makins one, though!

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:56pm
post #17 of 25

I got my Makins at Hobby Lobby and I love it! and if I remember correctly it cost me @ $30.00 (before coupon) so it's more expensive. Hope yours works for you but if it doesn't save the receipt and packaging and return it!

tanyascakes Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:58pm
post #18 of 25

Thanks, Raquel. I will do that. I thought that I might try a hobby lobby or michael's in Austin when I get in on Friday to find a Makins one. Then just use that and return the other one!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:01pm
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

I don't understand blocking!! I asked about that several days ago when it was my turn to ask about the black/red gun, but no one replied! Why are certain brand names blocked? Inquiring minds need to know!!

its blocked because because of a legal agreement resulting from a trademark lawsuit.

Other things that are blocked are a result of the merchant spamming cakecentral.com at some point.

mbt4955 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:05pm
post #20 of 25

Tanya, Lorraine has extras and it was a great group at the earlier classes. I'm sure someone will let you use theirs ... I will! icon_smile.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:07pm
post #21 of 25

Thanks, Kiddiekakes, for the explanation. Mystery solved at last!!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:30pm
post #22 of 25

I have the red and black one that is "blocked" and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Sugarshack Sharon has them on her website here, is this the one you are referring to? This is the one I have and love! icon_biggrin.gif http://www.sugaredproductions.com/Topsy_Turvy_Tools.html

tanyascakes Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:37pm
post #23 of 25

Thanks, Martha. I am hoping the one I have works. I am just wanting to have a really nice one like everyone else-hehehehe! So you are joining me in this class? How many people are we having for this one if you know?? I am hopping to get there!!!!

mbt4955 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:42pm
post #24 of 25

I think we had 21 at the Victorian Lady class and it was pretty full so that is probably about the limit. You will love Lorraine - she is amazing!!

About the gun - don't worry about it. I shared mine and Lorraine loaned out 3-4. Wait until you get to class and get some opinions. If people think yours is not what you want to use, don't open it - borrow one and return yours when you get back home. icon_smile.gif

You might find one on eBay after you get back home, but maybe try out both kinds in class so you know which one you like the best.

I'll see you on Saturday morning!!

tanyascakes Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:37pm
post #25 of 25

That is a lot of people. Everyone sounds so wonderful, I can't wait!! I am packing my bags tonight so I don't forget anything!!! I know it will so fun!!! I talked to Kyla today and it sounds like a roaring good group ou there! See you Saturday, or maybe I will bump imto you at the hotel on Friday?? Either way, I will be happy to make your acquaintance! Do you think I should bring an apron?? LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%