How Do You Work?

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 12:43am by Elise87

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:14pm
post #31 of 33

I like to do whatever I do with no distractions because... I'm easily distracted!! When I decorate, or sew, I need uninterrupted silence. Now, I can crochet with music or TV on, but that's about it.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:15pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by teswade

I never turn the tv or music on on purpose. If it is on I don't notice it. What does bother me is when my grandmother (whom I love dearly) stands there and watches me work. I never say anything because she is proud of me and loves what I do, plus I would never tell my grandmother to do something or upset her. I usually just stop for a bit and talk to her about the cake then she will go away and I will resume, but for some reason I just cant have anyone watch, it bothers me to no end.

It totally freaks me out to have people watch me work! When the FN first started the cake challenges they called me to see if I wanted to do one, and one of the reasons I said no was because the idea of having people sticking cameras in my face for 8 hours wasn't appealing.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:43am
post #33 of 33

Yeh our kitchen opens into our living room where we have our big tv and since we have a smaller kitchen and other people are trying to cook so i have my own large sturdy fold out table i pop up in the living room near the tv and work over there sometimes (it's floor boards so no stress about food dye on the carpet!). But that's mainly where i do my cookies otherwise i cover fondant cakes in the kitchen.

It's pretty much always dvd movies or old sitcoms like faulty towers etc that i have seen a million times but it doesn't matter cose like everyone else i am not paying that much attention, just the background noise and something to watch while the icing dries or buttercream crusts.

If someone in the house is listening to music i'll just listen to that but it is usually a 'chill out' sound track so that kinna helps when your cake is going wrong! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%