Sugarshack Bc, Cold Or Hot Coffee Creamer?

Decorating By Kookie Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 1:55pm by sugarshack

Kookie Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:17am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone add cold coffee creamer not hot when you make Sugarshack buttercream recipe?
I don't know why you have to add HOT coffee creamer..
Anyone knows?
Thanks.
Kookie

8 replies
Deb_ Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:27am
post #2 of 9

Hot........It helps to eliminate that "gritty" texture from the conf. sugar, it sort of "melts" it if you will.

Whimsical Bakehouse's recipe calls for boiling water......same silky texture in the finished product.

HTH

Normita Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:27am
post #3 of 9

She asks for HOT coffee creamer...I am not sure why she asks for this. I have always used hot and it comes out great. I am not sure what will happen if you use it COLD. If you want an accurate answer you can email her and she will respond. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif If you check out her you tube video, maybe she explains it in there

Kookie Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:11am
post #4 of 9

Hello Normita and Dkelly,
O.K.I will use hot creamer.
Thank you for a quick post.
Kookie

sugarshack Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:42am
post #5 of 9

I am not using the premade liquid creamer. I use the powder, and the water must be super hot to dissolve it. But in addition to that, the heat makes the whole recipe emulsify better, be smoother and cause less grit.

madgeowens Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:03am
post #6 of 9

I have used it hot and cold....I make sure its hot if my butter is not room temp enough icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 9

I have never had so many compliments on a frosting as I do with Sugarshack's recipe. I will follow it to a "T" and let the great reviews keep coming in! thumbs_up.gif

The reicpe calls for hot, so that is how I make it!

sadsmile Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:04pm
post #8 of 9

Sharon I thought you might like to know for if anyone asks you if it's possible to use liquid or have vegan options in the future... I follow your recipe but use vegan buttery spread(EarthBalance)instead of butter and do a 1:2- one part butter spread to two parts hi-rat shortning.
For the creamer I use liquid Silk coffee creamer and heat it up as per your recipie and it works great! I add in flavoring before heating. I do wind up using a little less liquid because the vegan spread has a high water content.

sugarshack Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:55pm
post #9 of 9

great to know, Sad!! Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%