Double Posting New Topics ...please Read!

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 6:13pm by Texas_Rose

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:47am
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone,

When you post a new topic in any of the forums and you think that the post did not go through after hitting the submit button, just check the forum to see if it is there before posting it again icon_wink.gif .

Also, if you double post to a topic by mistake, don't worry, just pm a moderator to have it deleted icon_smile.gif.

Believe me, Mrs. Missy received quite a few pms from me when I first joined CC to delete my double and triple postings icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:26am
post #2 of 7

Just want to add that it's not necessary to post the same question in multiple forums in order to get the most views/answers. icon_smile.gif

Just pick the most appropriate forum as all members will have an opportunity to view your post (no matter what forum it's in) when they sign back on to CC and use "view posts since last visit" tab.

Using the VPSLV tab brings up all the newest posts in all forums - not just those currently on the homepage.

HTH

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:33am
post #3 of 7

AND....

if using tab capable browser --

bring up the VPSLV in one tab, then open post in new tabs, read and comment.

every now and then (ok about every minute for me) -- just refresh/reload the VPSLV tab and you'll never miss a new post while you're on CC.

(naw -- not addicted in the least! icon_rolleyes.gif )

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 7

Can't you just click the little X in the upper right corner to delete a double post??

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 7

What's the VPSLV tab? Where do I find it?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:34am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Just pick the most appropriate forum as all members will have an opportunity to view your post (no matter what forum it's in) when they sign back on to CC and use "view posts since last visit" tab.

Using the VPSLV tab brings up all the newest posts in all forums - not just those currently on the homepage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

View Posts Since Last Visit

Click on "forums" tab and on the right hand side of that page toward the top are two choices:

View unanswered posts
View posts since last visit

HTH

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:13pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

View Posts Since Last Visit

Click on "forums" tab and on the right hand side of that page toward the top are two choices:

View unanswered posts
View posts since last visit

HTH

I am a lazy person and I added a link to the View posts since last visit to my favorites bar in my browser. That way after I post, instead of clicking several things to get back to the list, I can click the link instead icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%