What Books Do You Recommend? I Have Gift Certificate(Amazon)

Decorating By neelycharmed Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 4:20am by xstitcher

neelycharmed Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 7

I love. love, love books.
And for part of my Mother's Day gift, my hubby gave me a $200.00 gift certificate to amazon.ca
What's your favorite cake books?? or cookie? or baking?
I have 1000+ cookbooks,but I haven't bought any in the last year- and i know there must a few great books out there now...
TIA,
Jodi icon_smile.gif

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:58am
post #2 of 7

I love the following authors: Lindy Smith, Colette Peters, Elisa Strauss. They all have great books. I have also heard that Debbie Brown has a really good one out.

I also love Martha Stewarts Wedding Cakes.

Have fun spending your gift certificate!

chanda Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:09am
post #3 of 7

I love Cakelove by warren brown if you're looking for some scratch recipes, he breaks it all down!!

Bellatheball Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:05am
post #4 of 7

1,000+? Wow!

I love my Confetti Cake books. I'm not a huge fan of the Debbie Brown books. While she has some cute ideas, I need a bit more detail in the step by step. Martha Stewart's Wedding Cake book (and cupcake book) are great. Anything by Julia Child is great too.

CakeMakar Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:14am
post #5 of 7

I love Martha's cookie & wedding cake book. The Cake Bible is on my list of must-buys.
You can check for cake books at your local library. Check them out, give them a once over, see if there's anything you like. Then if you don't like it, you can choose another.
I love the Debbie Brown books, but they're very specific themes and mostly child (or child-at-heart) oriented. I have been able to create some spot on characters from them however.

sugarandslice Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:17am
post #6 of 7

I've recently bought the Planet Cake book and LOVE it!!! Check out their website www.planetcake.com.au
The instructions in the book are really clear with step-by-step photos. And their ideas are creatively awesome.
What a lovely gift from your hubby!!
icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:20am
post #7 of 7

If your looking for gumpaste instructions I'd look for books by Alan Dunn. I also have Scott Clark Woolley's book and think it's really good too. Check out Nicholas Lodge as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%