Need Idea For 30Th Birthday Cake. Help!

Decorating By JCope79 Updated 31 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm by JCope79

JCope79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCope79 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 9

So, my husband and his twin brother are turning 30 in Sept. We are having them a surprise birthday party. I need an idea for a cake to make them. A little about them. Their family owns a cattle ranching operation and my husband's twin brother works the ranch with his dad. My husband is vice president of a bank but is very much involved with farming/ranching etc. They are big into the country/cowboy stuff. At their party we are having steaks--ya know..gotta have that beef! haha.

I need a cute cake idea for the both of them. I'm thinking along the lines of something country/cattle/steak but also making a joke about them being 30.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

8 replies
KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 9

Steaks on a grill with one of those grill branding irons where you could brand your steak with the bank logo/initials or a $ sign?

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 9

A bank---stacked square cakes. A fondant cow & gumpaste branding iron w/ a "30". Or if you don't want to incorporate the bank, one of those cakes that look like a raw steak w/a "30" branded on it.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:40am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyCakes

Steaks on a grill with one of those grill branding irons where you could brand your steak with the bank logo/initials or a $ sign?

Great idea! Can I add a suggestion? Make one a 'steak' and one a 'stack of bills' on the bbq. Each could get their own round cake, decorated like the bbq and the q-ing items on top.

JCope79 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you all for the ideas!! I'm gong to go with the grill and steaks on it...branded with "30." I like the idea of the bills piled up but I'm not sure I'm advanced enough to do that. Any ideas on how to bake the cake? In a bowl you think?

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 9

I baked my grill cake in the (I think) 2.5L bowl with a flower nail in the bottom (coat both with pan release). Bake at 325. Cool about 10 min before turning out of bowl. Cool completely with big part touching the cooling rack

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 9

sorry for double post.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 9:53pm
post #8 of 9

GALLERY SEARCH RESULTS
BBQ Grill Birthday Cake   
BBQ Grill Cake   
BBQ Grill   
Grill   
Birthday BBQ Grill

I did a search in the gallery for you and came up with the above links. Check them out.
Go into "Gallery"; type 'BBQ grill" in the search box and the links will come up for you. They all have hotdogs and burgers but then I searched 'steak' and 5 or 6 cakes came up there. Good visuals for you icon_smile.gif

JCope79 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%