Dress Up Figures - Have Some Q

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 2:31am by Charmed

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 6

I am ready to play around, and saw at Michaels molds for figures.
My Q is:
1) How do you dress up the naked figures? Pans, sweaters etc. Do you make little clothes and glue them together on each side of the body?
2) Do you work with colored gumpaste, or do you work with white and paint it later with Vodka+color? - will the color dry out??
Any other things I should know? Hair??

5 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 6

What section of michaels do they have the figure molds?

ZlatkaT Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 6

I saw them at clay dept. They have molds for heads and body parts.
How would you dress them up? What is the procedure??

ZlatkaT Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 6

I spent 3+ hours in the Internet to hunt for tutorial how to make figures. Not much luck, I found some info for clay modeling. I could see now, that this post is not easy to answer or explain to my questions. I am a little lost....and purchase tutorial on-line. Hope that would help me start. I guess I though that I could make the all body from clay mold and somehow dress up the body in clothes. Still clueless -)

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 6

I would probably make the body as if it WERE the clothes... Mold the hands in flesh tone, but make the arms and body a different color for a shirt, and make the legs another color for pants. Of course that depends on how detailed these molds are. Take that as you will... icon_wink.gif

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

I think The Wilton Way of Cake Decorating book (the second volume) has this technique on how to make the figures and how to dress them up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%