French Vanilla Cake Discontinued!!! Please Help!

Baking By Pama2d Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 8:02pm by Pama2d

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a recipe for a French Vanilla Cake? Pillsbury had a box mix that they recently discontinued and I am distraught over it. I know a lot of bakers out there are against the box mixes... but this one was really good... it wasn't your basic yellow cake. Does anyone have anything like it?? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 8

if not adverse to changing brands, you might give Duncan Hines French Vanilla a try.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 8

I'm a Duncan Hines fan, through and through, but I LOVE Betty Crocker's French Vanilla. Give it a try if you haven't already. icon_smile.gif

Pama2d Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks...but I can't find any brand French Vanilla cake mix anymore!! I don't know why... but it seems they've pulled them from the shelves.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 8

I use Betty Crocker French Vanilla and love it.

Sh1McDonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sh1McDonald Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 8

Betty Crocker makes a Golden Vanilla that I prefer.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 8

I get the Duncan Heins French Vanilla from Wal-mart Supercenter. It's the only place that sells that flavor in my area (Little Rock, AR). BC and Pillsbury have that flavor, also, but I try and stick wtih DH. Just my preference.

Pama2d Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks Everyone. I will have to try the Walmart in my area to see if they still carry it. I did see that I can by a case online through Amazon.. so last resort I have that option.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%