Business Name Ideas

Business By LizzyLaw06 Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm by LizzyLaw06

LizzyLaw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyLaw06 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 8

ok, so i'm looking into legally selling my cakes and have pretty much satisfied myself in knowing i'm doing what i need to be doing legally. I'm thinking of my company name so my husband can design my business cards icon_smile.gif

b/w me and my husband we have come up with

Lizzy's cakes

Two girls in the Kitchen(me and jocelyn, my daughter,and maybe someday to jocleyn and another daughter) or Two Girls cakes for short

Josie's cakes(my daughters name for short-not too fond though if we have another girl i may have to change the name)

help me come up with other ideas. i want to creat a blog spot(if i can figure it out) and a face book for it but i need to finalize my name before i do that.

i would like it related to me and or my family somehow icon_smile.gif

7 replies
megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 8

I found this Compay Name Generator Online

http://www.rhymer.com/naming.html

I tried out for a few minutes using Lizzy, Josie and Cake, and didn't find anything really useable, but if you spend more time on it I am sure it could be helpful.

JoJo0855 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo0855 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 8

Why not name the business after your mother or grandmother instead of worrying about adding another girl? Would be a nice tribute!

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 8

Mother-Daughter Cakes

Family Affair Cakes

I like JoJo's idea of using a grandmother or aunt's name for the business.

Where is Doug with his brilliant ideas??

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 8

JoJo Cake Co.

Lizzie's Luscious

Cake Ninjas ( I just slipped that one in cause I love it)

Jo Mama's Cakes

-

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 8

You say in the future you may have another daughter...

Well what if you have a son? Is he automatically out of the cake business or banned from the kitchen?

Not trying to start anything. This is just coming from a mother of two sons who love to bake and help decorate. I am hoping to one day open a bakery and all four of my sons are included in that dream.

You never know, I wouldn't be exclusive.

LizzyLaw06 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

You say in the future you may have another daughter...

Well what if you have a son? Is he automatically out of the cake business or banned from the kitchen?

Not trying to start anything. This is just coming from a mother of two sons who love to bake and help decorate. I am hoping to one day open a bakery and all four of my sons are included in that dream.

You never know, I wouldn't be exclusive.

no he wouldn't be banned. i honestly never even thought of it. i was just stuck on the name with my daughter and thought if i used her name my next child may grow to be offended.....i like the family affair idea. i have a cousin who is doing this as well and she may help from time to time so that would fit. great ideas so far though thanks!!

LizzyLaw06 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo0855

Why not name the business after your mother or grandmother instead of worrying about adding another girl? Would be a nice tribute!

excluding the family history speal...that wouldn't go very well here. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%