Cake With Cookie Between The Layers

Decorating By enoid Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 2:00am by enoid

enoid Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:37am
post #1 of 6

About a year ago there was a thread about putting a sugar cookie in between the cake layers. I have lost the directions and can not find the thread. Anyone out there do this or remember the thread?

5 replies
dadawley Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:48am
post #2 of 6

Hi I had copied this from the topic "cookie in the cake" I too saw on here last year in October. Here it is and I hope it helps!

"You just spray the cake pan well w/oil and pat the dough in leaving a space all around the edge for expansion, I use the pre packaged cookie mix and 1 env. makes a 10 - 12", or 1/2 envelope for 8 - 9"(and just use the whole egg the recipe calls for"

Win Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:52am
post #4 of 6

I put a cookie in between layers all the time. I just bake a cookie slightly smaller than the circumference of the layer in which you are sandwiching. If it is an 8", I form a 7" cookie and it spreads to about 8". I place the dough down on parchment and to make sure it is level, I flatten it with a cake pan. It is about 1/2" thick in dough form. Bake about 15-18 minutes but watch it closely as you don't want brown edges. Assemble the layer by placing the bottom layer, buttercream, cookie, buttercream, top layer. Don't limit yourself to sugar cookies... I use chocolate chip, white macadamia, oatmeal, and on, and on, and on...

Edited to add that I don't bake mine inside the cake pan... I think it makes for tough edges. I bake mine on a parchment lined sheet just as I would regular cookies --just one big one!

jamiekwebb Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:52am
post #5 of 6

Yep that sounds about right, I do this all of the time

enoid Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:00am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for your help. I made one when the thread first came out but had not had anyone ask for it in some time. Now my niece want it in her birthday cake and I was tearing my house apart trying to figure out what I did with the directions. icon_mad.gif
I should have saved myself the frustration and just come here first. icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%