First Time Making A Wasc And Need Ideas...

Decorating By jesus-saves-us-7 Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 8:40pm by flourpowerMN

jesus-saves-us-7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesus-saves-us-7 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 7

Any ideas for yummy frosings? I've never tried this cake before and you all CC members rave over it. I'd like to try it but want something to compliment it not destroy it. Thanks in advance icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 7

For frosting, I use Indydebi's buttercream. It's wonderful!

As far as fillings . . . anything goes. Something fruity would be nice for summer.

ezbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezbakin Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:23am
post #3 of 7

I don't mean to barge in and distract from this post but I was going to start a new post when I found this one. As mentioned everyone loves WASC and I made it once but I don't really remember the texture. Would this cake be dense enough to hold up to be covered in marzipan?? Its for a bday for a customer and I am trying to figure out a cake to use that I can cover in marzipan. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:30am
post #4 of 7

I've never used marzipan, but I think the WASC is pretty dense. It holds up for carved cakes for me, so I think it would work.

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 7

If you're up for expanding your culinary skills, I highly recommend SMBC (swiss meringue butter cream) as a frosting. I haven't done decorating/piping with it but for flavor? You can't beat it.

It's not really as hard to make as you might think. As long as you have a candy or digital thermometer for the egg whites, you're good. That, and keep beating it...will take a while.

If that's not your style, there's a Buttercream recipe in the recipes section of the site that calls for cream and cornsyrup and less shortening than other recipies. It is DIVINE. I'll try to find it & post a link...

jesus-saves-us-7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesus-saves-us-7 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 7

Great! Thank you all!

flourpowerMN...That would be great if you could find it for me. icon_smile.gif

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 7

Here's the link:

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7059-Buttercream-Frosting.html

I love the flavor of this...has some stability due to the shortening but you don't get a greasy feel or that shortening "taste". The whipping cream is the secret ingredient, I think.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%