Eyes In Bc

Decorating By yiyo21 Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 12:23am by yiyo21

yiyo21 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 4

i just did a batch of bc using tonedna recipe, but something happen.... i use a mexican shortening because i live in mexico, i checked it and it is vegetable shortening high quality, the sugar is not pure cane since i havent found it but i understood it does not make a huge difference. However the bc is not super smooth like in the video... it has like eyes on it, little bubbles..... do you know why does this happens??

Thanks!!

3 replies
Suewillo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 4

maybe you mixed it too long. That puts a lot of air into the icing. You can put a little more milk in it and just stir it and see if that will help.

Jeff_Arnett Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiyo21

i just did a batch of bc using tonedna recipe, but something happen.... i use a mexican shortening because i live in mexico, i checked it and it is vegetable shortening high quality, the sugar is not pure cane since i havent found it but i understood it does not make a huge difference. However the bc is not super smooth like in the video... it has like eyes on it, little bubbles..... do you know why does this happens??

Thanks!!

Several things can cause this, from too dry a mixture to beating it too fast/long.

You can usually fix it though.....

Measure some of the icing into a small mixing bowl [about 4 cups].

Heat some water or milk in the microwave until near boiling, then add a couple teaspoons to the icing.

Mix on low speed with a hand-held two beater mixer until the icing is smooth, adding another teaspoon or two of hot milk or water as needed.

Repeat with remaining icing until all is smooth.

yiyo21 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:23am
post #4 of 4

Thanks!! i ´ll give a try!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%