Flip Flop Pattern Or Flip Flop Cake Design

Decorating By acake Updated 25 Aug 2005 , 1:58am by iodine

acake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acake Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 7

I have a 15 year old niece that wears flip flops all the time. Anyhow, her birthday is the 31st of August and I want to make her a pair of flip flops for her cake. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
ACAKE
E-mail address is [email protected] if you would rather send an e-mail!

6 replies
irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 12:05am
post #2 of 7

I would also like instructions if any one would share just how to do this, thanksicon_smile.gif

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 12:17am
post #3 of 7

Here's a flip flop cake I made this past weekend. It's not perfect, but I made it for my cousin, and she loved it. I just took a pair of new flip flops, and traced the pattern on a paper, and voila. I used fruit by the foot, but alot of people use fondant for the strap. If you look in the gallery, there's lots of really good ones icon_surprised.gif)
LL

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 7

There's one in my photos, made from MMF.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 7

The flip flop cakes are super easy. Just outline an actual flip flop on paper and lay that on the cake. I used a knife to cut out the shapes and it worked just fine. There are several photos in my album if you want to look. I used fruit roll ups for the straps, buttercream flowers on top of the strap and crushed graham crackers for the sand. Hope that helps.

KimAZ

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 12:09am
post #6 of 7

beachcakes and KimAZ, thanks so much all of your cakes are just beautifulicon_smile.gif

iodine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iodine Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:58am
post #7 of 7

On the Wilton website there is a really cute cookie cake receipe using flip flops that are decorated nice. These flip flops would also be cute to use as cookies on a stick maybe put in a wicker basket with sunglasses, gatorades, snacks, and maybe a beach towel as a gift. Even cuter would be a sand pail with a shovRecipe Box
Kick Back And Relax
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%