I'm Going To Miss You Guys!

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 3:44am by jules5000

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 58

The company I work for will be closing its doors this Friday, after 30 years in business. I'm fortunate to have another job lined up, though it isn't one I truly want. (My new boss doesn't believe women belong in the work force). But in my field, it was either take this job or remain on unemployment until the benefits ran out! My new job will not allow me to have access to the internet, and my home computer can't handle this website. So it looks like my days on CC are rapidly coming to a close. I will try to get on at the library, but even the library hours in Omaha are being slashed due to budget shortfalls.

I will miss the people I have met here, and I will miss seeing all the inspiring cookie photos. I discovered the art of cookie decorating from this website, and appreciate the many tips and hints that all the talented decorators have shared so willingly. If anyone has any questions for me, I will still have access to my email (whenever I can pry the laptop away from my sons!), but I can't guarantee a prompt response.

Happy cookie decorating to all of you!

57 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 58

I am gonna miss you and your cookies..Hope the sales of your cutters are doing good also!! I have yet to try mine!! If you come up with more designs for them I would really like to see!!

Laurel icon_smile.gif

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 58

We'll miss your posts! Good luck! I hope your new job works out!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 58

Oh Gemini, please don't go!!! icon_cry.gif We are sooooo going to miss you!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 58

Sorry to hear that! Your cookies and such were always so amazing to see!!! We'll all lose out on seeing your creations. Hopefully you'll be back to share in the future. Good luck with your new job!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 58

Ohhhh icon_sad.gif I'm sorry to hear that...but, I'm happy you have another job lined up. I always admire your talent and skills making amazing cookies. You will be missed!
I hope you can get a job with a computer or that you get a new one...computer prices have come down a lot lately.

Good luck!!

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 58

I'm sorry this has happened to you and I hope things work out. icon_sad.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:56pm
post #8 of 58

Sorry to hear that you are losing your Job, Thank GOD You got another Job, even though it is not the one you wanted we will miss you, and your wonderful cookie creations, I hope you come back soon and If you have a link to your cookie cutters please post it I would be interested in buying some

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:58pm
post #9 of 58

icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif Life can really stink sometimes! I'm so sorry to hear about your job but am glad you got another one so quickly. I hope your boss will treat you well despite his bias'

You have been so generous in so many ways to so many people, GeminiRJ. Thank you for all your advise and pictures. It was our JOY to see new cookies posted by you. I hope in some way you can still share your pics. As much as you will miss this site, it will be OUR loss. I would type more but I can't see through the tears! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Many blessings to you!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 58

I pray that your withdrawals are brief and that you'll get the system required at home to come back to CC more regularly!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:01pm
post #11 of 58

Okay kiddo, before you leave PLEEEEEEEZE give us a quick lesson on how one turns those cute templates into the fab cookies you do!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:07pm
post #12 of 58

We'll miss you, your talent is amazing! Check back when you can! Hope the job will work out better than you expected.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:12pm
post #13 of 58

You will be missed!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:55pm
post #14 of 58

Oh, I LOVE looking at your cookies!! I can always tell, just from a glance at the thumbnail, that they're yours. I certainly hope you can somehow post photos of your lovely creations from time to time.

Good luck with your new job!

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 7:46pm
post #15 of 58

Your month cookies and bobwonderbun's tie dye shirts were my inspiration in decorating cookies.
You have been so helpful to cc's and we will miss you.
Keep in touch often.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #16 of 58

You're all incredibly nice! I wish I could say I'll keep in touch, but it's going to be very difficult. I certainly plan to leave my account active, and my photos will remain. I'm already feeling withdrawal pangs!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:01pm
post #17 of 58

I'm sorry you have to leave for a little while (*unrepentant wishful thinking*). Your cookies inspired me to give cookie decorating a try, and it's been really fun! Best wishes to you in the future!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm
post #18 of 58

Thanks for all the inspiration you have provided. Best wishes to you, and please come back soon!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #19 of 58

Damn it, Sue! Who's going to do all those really cool cookies for us now? I guess it's up to me to break out the small tips and filler bottles, huh?

Hugs, and stop by once in a while!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:33pm
post #20 of 58

I'm so sorry for your job situation. Times are hard, but hopefully things will work out for you. I just took a look at your cookies and they are amazing. Your participation on CC will be missed for sure. Hopefully you'll be back soon.

Good luck to you.
Jean

Price Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:37pm
post #21 of 58

Sorry, duplicate post

Price Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:41pm
post #22 of 58

sorry, another duplicate post! lol

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:49pm
post #23 of 58

Your new boss obviously does not know what a gift he has in you .. yet! Anyone who creates such whimsical cookies with such flare is an asset to any company. Best wishes in your new position - you'll be great! And when you get frustrated, just turn it into cookies! Thank you for all your inspiring creations. We all look forward to seeing more when you get a chance.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:04pm
post #24 of 58

Best wishes that your situation with your new job work out. You helped me sooo much in one of the cookie decorating threads. I am still beginning in cookie decorating and the suggestions you gave were priceless.

Your cookies are gorgeous and we'll miss seeing your new creations.

Take care icon_smile.gif

alyssia2777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alyssia2777 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:16pm
post #25 of 58

Sorry that you will be leaving because I too will miss looking at your really beautiful artwork!!!
BTW who are you going to work for? Fred Flintstone??? What is his deal?? I am almost more upset that you will be working under a pigheaded idiot than the fact that you can't get on CC! At least you can still create..we can dream about what your latest and greatest are icon_smile.gif
I hope it all works out for you!!

PS
If you need any help with the new boss, give us a holler and we will kick his butt-ercream!!!!! lol!!! icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:22pm
post #26 of 58

Goodbye and good Luck! I hope something better comes along for you. Your cookies are truly an art!

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm
post #27 of 58

Such a shame...I hope your new boss"wakes up" (maybe make him some cookies)...I will miss your talent,ingenuity,and inspiration...good luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:59pm
post #28 of 58

Hope things work out so you can rejoin the forum soon.

Take Care!

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:04am
post #29 of 58

I wish you the best, Gemini! I'm sure you'll find a way to check CC and share your COOKIES with us icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:26am
post #30 of 58

Oh no Gemini! You are always so helpful and you are such a great decorator! Take this job until you can find a new one! (hehe).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%