8 Yr Old Girl Birthday Cake

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 6:02pm by HowCoolGomo1

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 5

She said last year she wanted Jasmine and a castle. I immediately went out and bought the stuff so I would be prepared.

Now she's not that interested in Barbie, etc.

She does take ballet, piano and violin lessons. She's also loves to play dress up.

I'd love to do the 3 D bear as a ballerina, with a piano and violin. Would this be to young?

Would doing the shoes, purse and makeup thing be too old?

MaryAnn

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 5

I think a purse and makeup would be cute, as long as it was bright girly colors. A ballerina cake would be really cute too...have you seen the one in the Debbie Brown book, where the cake is the skirt?

The 3D bear might be too young, if her friends are coming to the birthday. My daughter is 7 and they worry a lot at that age about not looking like a baby to their friends.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 5

Texas_Rose, we must be on the same wavelength. The Debbie Brown ballerina cake is the one I've wanted to do for years. I think she's finally old enough for it.

What do you think of a plaque behind to resemble a large mirror. I would try an oval or rectangle.

Do you think the cake could be done out of a dummy? I ask because she's only interested in chocolate cake with massive amounts of chocolate icing.

Texas_Rose Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 5

I think you could do it as a dummy cake. It might be tricky to carve the top of the dummy like the cake in the book, but maybe it would work to use rolls of fondant to be the raised parts of the skirt. Then you could do chocolate cupcakes with a little pink bow on top of each one to match.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 5

Texas_Rose,
You are rocking my world today.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%