Lightening Mcqueen

Decorating By shareen1987 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 7:20am by Melnick

shareen1987 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 6

please could someone give me some idea of how to make a 3d lightening mcqueen cake. its my son's birthday in 3 days and he is lightening mcqueen mad and i know having a lightening mcqueen cake would really make his day?? please help!!

5 replies
ezbakin Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:46am
post #2 of 6

I made a cake for a customer and she loved it. Its not really 3-D, but it is sculpted as far as the shape isconcerned. I went online and found the image of him and enlarged it to fit as big as it could be on a 1/4 sheet. I cut the cake in the shape of the car and crumb-coated in with the red icing. Then I used the image and did a buttercream icing transfer, I can't think of the exact name right now but you know what I mean.?. Basically the entire cake was the transfer Tracing took alittle while but all-in-all it wasn't as hard of a cake as people thought (which can be a good thing). Then finished it off with the brown icing dots at the bottom to look like dirt and give it some depth. **Also don't forget** you need to have a pic of it going the correct way to carve the cake and also a reverse image of it to do the transfer. Otherwise when you flip your transfer it will be backwards!! Good Luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

Karenreg Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:08am
post #3 of 6

Hi Shareen1987,

Plz find attached a link to a youtube video which might be helpful.

I had made a convertible car previously ,but thats quite different from teh lightening McQueen .HTH.

Birthday greetings to ur son & I'm sure he'll love the cake you make for him icon_smile.gif

KarenTurnbull Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:14am
post #4 of 6

HI, I hope this isn't too late but I found this a few months back and made it for my nephew. Here are the instructions,

The kids at my nephew's 4th birthday party loved it.

sorry, if this post appears more than once icon_redface.gif

KrisD13 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 7:08am
post #5 of 6

I did one for my neice. Here is my tutorial.

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Melnick Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 7:20am
post #6 of 6

Here is a link to the tutorial I made that went with the cake I made The fondant I used was terrible so the finish didn't end up the way I wanted.

But, here is a link to the second cake that I made for my son's birthday. It is super easy and I just put the mini cars on it and truth be told it was his favourite cake (I think it was because of the cars ... or maybe the buttercream!). I should have done this for the main party as it was so easy and such a hit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%