Match This Napkin...

Decorating By CelebrationCakery Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 1:59pm by dandelion56602

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 5

I have a mother who orginally called last Monday for cupcakes and a cake for this coming weekend...she explained that her napkins have cupcakes on them and the party for her 4 yr. old little girl was going to have a cupcake theme. She described the decorations to me as periwinkle, pink, yellow and orange. In order to get ideas for what to do for her I asked, "What does your daughter like" She says she likes anything sparkly and princessy...so my mind went pastels and working with the periwinkle, pink and a light yellow and light orange colors...but I spoke with her again and just asked if she could send me a copy of her decorations so I can do my best to match the decor colors for her cupcakes and cake...she did send it but now I just feel like maybe I should not be using pastels at all...Please share your color ideas...she wants 10 cupcakes with butterflies, 10 with ladybugs and 10 with flowers...I need colors for the butterflies, ladybugs flowers and the frosting as well. All different...and Pastels? Bright tones? I hope I can attach the napkin here for you...everything will have edible glitter sprinkled over it...
LL
LL

4 replies
CelebrationCakery Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 5

I have to be the first to say something....SO SORRY FOR THE MULTIPLE PICTURES OF THE NAPKIN!!! it kept telling me the size was to big so I kept redoing it....well at least you can see it though (hahaha)

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 5

Don't tell your customer, but those are ugly cupcakes on that napkin! icon_biggrin.gif

I would not try matching their design, just get the colors from it. I'd make orange ladybugs, blue and purple butterflies, and pink flowers with purple centers, all on white frosting.

CelebrationCakery Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 5

She orginally wanted periwinkle colored frosting on the cake and cupcakes...she did end up telling me I can do what I think will look best and that is what brought me to ask for help...I just don't like the colors on this napkin for the sparkly girly route...

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 5

I would do bright bold colors for the icing. Kids really do like bright bold colors, even my 7 yr old prefers bright & bold. And the napkins don't have pink cupcakes. I think i would do purple, yellow & orange cupcakes. Then the decorations a little lighter in color. I think i would still stick w/ the same colors, maybe pink instead of orange. then you can use pearl luster dust on them to make them sparkle

e.g. Purple cupcakes, yellow flowers
orange cupcakes, purple butterflies
Yellow cupcakes, pink ladybugs

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%