I Have To Share !!

Decorating By grama_j Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 9:16pm by MnSnow

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:01am
post #1 of 10

Quite some time ago, I told you all about being part of the product test for the BEATER BLADE, and how much I loved working with it...... well, it seems I'm not the only one..... Rose Levy Beranbaum, the lady, that amonst others , wrote the Cake Bible, has MANY nice things to say about it..

"The Most Revolutionary Improvement to Stand Mixers in 90 Years!"
The BeaterBlade

My next book (several years hence!!!) will be several pages shorter than it might have been because I will be able to leave out that annoyingly repetitive phrase scrape down the sides of the bowl! This is because an inventive young man, Gary Fallowes of NewMetro Design (he may not be so young by the time I finish another book) has designed a flat beater for most models of the Cuisinart,KitchenAid, Kenwood, Viking and DeLonghi stand mixers, that has a flexible rubber wing down the entire outer length of the blade which continuously and efficiently scrapes the sides and bottom of the bowl as it is beating.

I waited a long time to write about this much needed attachment because I wanted to test it out thoroughly and be certain that it would not in any way harm the mixer.

Continue reading "The Most Revolutionary Improvement to Stand Mixers in 90 Years!" » "
http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/

9 replies
mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 10

I just love mine also. A great time saver. thumbs_up.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 10

sounds like I need to go buy it!!!
icon_smile.gif Jodi

LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyG33 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 10

I am adding one to my wish list!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 10

Where can you order this marvelous thing?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 10

I read some posts here on CC from several people who had problems with it. I'm reluctant to try it because they said it damaged their mixers (KitchenAids, I think).
Anyone else remember reading that?

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 10

I have been using mine for about 9 months and just LOVE it!
I bought it on line somewhere, I think it's on Amazon too.
Runs about $25 (I think) but well worth it.

It took me a few times to adjust my KA's head to maximize the usefulness of the beater blade, but once you have it set, you don't need to adjust it again.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:54pm
post #8 of 10

So what's the difference between the Beater Blade and the Side Swiper?

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 10

The side swiper has several small rubber blades and the Beater Blade has two large..... one on each side.... I LOVE MINE !!

The only problem that I have heard of, is the ORIGINAL, ( which I also tested ) sometime got a stress crack in the shaft..... they have upgraded a couple of times since then and the problems have been taken care of....

http://www.beaterblade.com/

http://www.sideswipeblade.com/

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the info! I just ordered one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%