Please Help!!!!!!

Decorating By chelseavelez Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 5:34am by chelseavelez

chelseavelez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseavelez Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:28am
post #1 of 4

i always have problems with my fondant ive used wilton and satin ice fondant and i always get cracks on the top edges. ive rolled them thin and thick but i always get cracks. Any ADVICE???

3 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 7:21am
post #2 of 4

It sounds like you might be stretching your fondant out too much. When you drape your fondant let it fall to natirally to the sides and avoid pulling anymore than necessary.

Also, if you think your fondant is a bit too dry add a small amounf of shortening to it and knead it.

Hope that helps you out. Let us Know how that goes for you.

Cake_Princess

NatalieMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieMarie Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:04am
post #3 of 4

Cake princess is right, another thing that causes it to crack is if you have alot of extra fondant around your cake. The weight of this will be pulling at your fondant, so cut as much excess as you can quickly.

When you're pulling your fondant to the sides of your cake, it helps to lift it up slightly, rather than pulling it down.

As soon as you notice the cracks, act quickly. The heat from your hands will help, smooth the cracks with your fingers as this will help their appearance. When you smooth your cake, your tool will also come in handy, don't be afraid to be quite vigorous with your smoothing tool.

An edger such as this one also comes in handy:

http://www.squires-shop.com/ibf/index.php?p=product&id=4939&parent=252

chelseavelez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseavelez Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:34am
post #4 of 4

thank so much for your help ill try this for my next cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%