Sugarshack Buttercream Reicpe??

Baking By Kookie Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 10:50pm by Normita

Kookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookie Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:25am
post #1 of 4

When I watch Sugarshack's buttercream (5qt)on you tube,
She add flavoring 4TBS then she goes 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16TBS for Coffee creamer. That means she only add 12 tbs for creamer and 4 TBS for flavoring.
But her recipe for 6qt on this recipes page, it says 5TBS of flavoring and
20 TBS of creamer.
I am not sure but it sounds like 8 TBS of creamer is big different between 5qt and 6qt.

Thank you.

3 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:37am
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure what the actual recipe is for a 6 quart. But you can slowly add in the extra liquid (creamer) that is needed for the 6 qt recipe until you reach the consistency that you want. And if you add too much, you can always add a little bit more powdered sugar. If you have further questions you can always email her and she will answer any more questions. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif Oh...and her recipe is very yummy!!

Kookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookie Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

I'm not sure what the actual recipe is for a 6 quart. But you can slowly add in the extra liquid (creamer) that is needed for the 6 qt recipe until you reach the consistency that you want. And if you add too much, you can always add a little bit more powdered sugar. If you have further questions you can always email her and she will answer any more questions. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif Oh...and her recipe is very yummy!!

Hello Normita,
That is my problem, I don't know what is the right consistency well.
I tried it yesterday and used crisco but it was too runny.
Thanks.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 4

Kookie...I have not tried her recipe with crisco, I use high ratio shortening. It seems to me that it had too much liquid...all you have to do is add more powdered sugar. The right consistency I assume varies person to person. In my opinion, the right consistency is when you can frost your cake and it is not too stiff where it could "tear" your cake and not too runny where it would just drip down. The best thing I could tell you is experiment until you find the right consistency that works for you. If it is too runny, add more sugar...too stiff...more liquid. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%