Some General Questions...

Decorating By snwalborn Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 3:54am by matthewkyrankelly

snwalborn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snwalborn Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:21am
post #1 of 4

WOW... I was just searching for a birthday cake idea for my husband's surprise birthday party. He will be 30.

I have a who range of questions.

1) Is there a way to find someone in my area who makes/sells cakes in my area?

2) Do you guys have any good ideas?

I would like to poke fun at him for being older than I am. He is a volunteer fire fighter and EMT. I don't really want to do a fire truck cake -- I think it is a bit juvenile.

3) What is the opinion about mini (individual) cakes?

Thanks for all of your help!
Shannon

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:29am
post #2 of 4

Hi and welcome, Shannon!

1.If you mention what area you're in, then it would be easier to find a bakery in your area.

2.Does he have any other hobbies besides the VFD? Since he's an EMT also, you could have an ambulance cake and then say something funny on the side about being old...maybe "Geezer Express"

3.Mini cakes are usually pretty and cute...for a wedding, baby shower, etc...but it might make his birthday party look like a big tea party.

It's funny, when my husband turned 30, he had a pity party for himself about getting old. And after that, he kept insisting that everyone was treating him with more respect once they heard how old he was icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

snwalborn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snwalborn Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:32am
post #3 of 4

I would be looking for someone in the Clearfield/Altoona/State College area in Pennsylvania.

Thanks so much!

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #4 of 4

Get her a cake someone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%