Did I Do The Right Thing With This Complaint?

Decorating By pattycakes55d Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 7:24pm by mackeymom

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:50pm
post #31 of 34

okay, here is my opinion. you did not do *exactly* what she asked regarding the blocks on top of the cake (which you already realized was a mistake on your part for not informing her by phone). so i *do* think a small discount should be given. i'm sure the cake was lovely and delicious (especailly since it was from scratch, yum!) however, she did not get the design she asked for. i would give her a refund...then stay far, far away from her! good luck

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:09pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustcakes

K8memphis- Kate, At least she wasn't hanging out the window yelling like a "scalded hog caller"....Hee hee!!! Sorry, but I just couldn't help quoting you...

Aincha sorry we missed out on the sound effects on that one?? icon_lol.gif

We need to pass a 'law'--pictures and a sound track required!!! icon_biggrin.gif

msbask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msbask Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:59pm
post #33 of 34

You should have told her ahead of time that you couldn't put the blocks on top of the cake the way she asked. If you had done that, ,I would totally be on the "no refund of any kind" side.

Seeing as how the cake was not the same as what she asked for, you could refund part (25% maybe) and call it an expensive lesson learned.

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:24pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Every cake gets a contract. Period.

And an "acceptance of cake upon delivery" form. So that when they email you the next day, you can say "you signed off saying you were happy with the design. You had a chance to approve the cake before you took it home. "

I can't get it to post here. But PM me and I will send you a copy of mine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%