Mmf On Sugar Cookie Question

Baking By Lisa1050 Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 10:47pm by Lisa1050

Lisa1050 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 8

I am going to make my first batch of sugar cookies today and planned on putting the MMF on them. Can someone please help me out? How does the fondant stick to the sugar cookie? I obviously have never used fondant, but considering you roll it out I don't see where it could be of a consistency to stick to a cookie once placed on it.

By the way... all of the pics I have looked at in the galleries are AMAZING! you are all truly talented!

7 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 8

First off let me say I am not one of those amzingly over the top cookie decorating people, but I'm workin on it...

What some people do is have the piece of mmf already cut so when the cookie come outta the oven you can put it on shortly after so the warmness can sort of melt it on there. When I first started, the cookie had cooled and I used a little water to make it stick. Once it dried no problem it didnt move or anything.

ALVARGA Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 8

I use a little corn syrup brushed on the cookie. I usually bake all the cookies first and let them cool because if you try to work with them while they are still warm they are soft and more prone to break. But what ever works for you. Hope this helps.

Misdawn Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 8

Have your fondant already cut out, and as soon as they come out of the oven, while they are still on the baking pan, place the fondant over the cookie. Works every time! (And it helps your cookies hold together when you take them from pan to cooling rack.)

missymayflower Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 8

I always cool my cookies before applying fondant. Just brush a tiny amout of water, just enough to make it damp, and it will stick just fine to the cookie.

onlymadaresane Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 8

I too use the corn syrup or a bit of buttercream to the cookie after cooled to apply MMF

toleshed Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 8:32pm
post #7 of 8

I'm not nearly organized enough to put fondant on a cookie right out of the oven. So the next day, I use a squirt bottle and tap, tap, tap little dots of straight corn syrup onto the "cold" cookie and then just lay the cutout piece of fondant on the cookie.

Lisa1050 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone I appreciate the assistance

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%