Need Help With Michele Foster's Fondant Recipe...

Baking By sugarMomma Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 12:04pm by FullHouse

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 5:26am
post #1 of 5

The ingredients list cream, but instructions say milk. Which is it, and is it heavy cream if it is cream? and/or does it matter what percent milk if it is milk?
I want to try it soon as I find the glycerin. Our cake stores don't open on Sunday around here, does Michael's carry it?

4 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 5:40am
post #2 of 5

You can use either cream or milk (I use milk just because I have it handy). As for the glycerin you should be able to pick it up at Walmart or grocery stores.

This link should come in handy. Michele has a bunch of FAQs about her fondant in it:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625727-mff.html

I love her fondant!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 7:16am
post #3 of 5

What she said! icon_smile.gif But also if you can't find it at Walmart or the grocery stores, yes, Michael's carries it too. Wilton makes it so it's in the cake aisle.

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 7:36am
post #4 of 5

Jo-Ann's also carries the glycerin. Don't forget to check the Sunday paper for coupons to Michaels or Jo-Anns.

I use cream for Michele's and her fondant is my absolute favorite! I've had great success flavoring it different ways also.

Good Luck!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 5

I've always used whole milk because it is what I have on hand, but recently only had skim handy so I used that and didn't notice a difference. Her original recipe calls for milk, the updated one calls for cream but I've never tried it with cream. I'm interested to see if anyone who answers this post noticed a difference between using each.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%