Jonas Brothers Cake

Decorating By moringgal Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 6:38pm by disneycakegirl23

moringgal Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 14

Anyone have any ideas for a Jonas Brothers birthday cake? My granddaughter is determined to have a Jonas Brothers Roller Skating party. Im coming up with nothing. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks so much.

I guess I should mention she is going to be 7.

13 replies
millermom Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 14

Have you tried a search? I just typed "Jonas Brothers" into the search window, and came up with 14 pages of pictures.

moringgal Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 14

Yes, I did a search. Most of the pictures are not JONAS brothers, there's Mario brothers and anything else that concerns brothers. Typing in Jonas give two pages of pics but nothing is really catching my eye. Thanks for your help though.

indydebi Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 14
Here's the one I did for my granddaughter. I had no idea what the heck a JOnas Brother was, so I depended on my daughter (birthday girl's mom) to tell me what she wanted. THe logo is what she gave me.

moringgal Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks for sharing. I have saved the photo. This helps. I shall see what I can come up with working off your idea. Her birthday isn't until October but I have to get these things worked out in my head and some days it's harder to get my head going in the right direction.

cakesnkisses Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 14

Why don't you do an edible image for just a regular sheet cake.....those go over real well w/ the kids. That is what I am doing for my daughter's 8th birthday. Some local grocery stores will sell it to you if you just provide the picture to them. Very simple!!!! Good luck

Uniqueask Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 14

They won't sell it to you if the picture is copyrighted

HarleyQuinn51 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 14

Maybe you can make the cake the shape of a guitar and put JB on it.

moringgal Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 14

Thanks for the suggestions. I still haven't hit the right thing but it looks as if it's going to more than likely involve an edible image. I'm just not getting very far with ideas on this party theme. I'm still open to suggestions however.

juleebug Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:21pm
post #10 of 14

Have you thought about doing a Frozen Buttercream Transfer of the Jonas Brothers? I have done 2 Edward Cullen cakes that way and they turned out quite well.

vonnie99 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 3:36pm
post #11 of 14

I have done three Jonas Brother cakes - but I don't have a picture I can post available. The first one I did was just a small fondant Nick Jonas (the youngest one) sitting on a cake with stars shooting out behind hime. The other two cakes had all three brothers on them. I made the figures out of fondant and then "dressed" them Jonas style - Kevin had tight black pants, tight curly hair and played guitar, Joe had a silver suit, straight hair, bold eyebrows and a mic, and Nick had a shirt and tie, jeans, converse sneakers and a guitar. The tween girls LOVED the cakes! Even though the faces didn't look like the brothers, there was enough of their "persona" there so that you knew exactly which was which...Yeah - I had a lot of time on my hands...

moringgal Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 3:42pm
post #12 of 14

I wouldn't know where to start with the frozen buttercream transfer.

Vonnie, I so wish you had pics of your cakes. They sound just right. I seriously doubt I could pull anything like that off but it would be good inspiration.

It's looking like I'll probably do something with an edible image and work off that. I'm still searching for ideas.

LittleLinda Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:57pm
post #13 of 14

When you do a search, just type Jonas. The more words you add, the more the search branches out.

disneycakegirl23 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:38pm
post #14 of 14

The Jonas Brothers has a cool, blue logo for their band (a huge J and B). You could make a simple, big cake with the logo on it. Or you could just make a huge logo icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%