Heated Debate Between Hubby And Me Over Pricing!

Business By melhoneybee Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 8:56am by SandraVB79

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:17am
post #31 of 33

My hubby would NOT be one of my customers. He was with me recently when I delivered a cake to our insurance agent. It was an 8" square covered with buttercream and my price is $2.50 per serving. The customer wanted a rabbit on it somehow, a picture or something, and because I wanted some more pictures for my portfolio, I actually made 3 gumpaste bunnies I didn't charge for. My hubby was SHOCKED at the price of the cake. LOL I just said, "hey, you want me to make money with this?!" I am in line with other custom cakes in my area. I just thought it was hilarious and he knows what it takes for me to make each and every cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:23am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracycakes

My hubby would NOT be one of my customers.

I know what you mean! My daughter (who holds the title of having THE best birthday parties in her neighborhood), tells her friends: If my kids didn't have a gramma who made such great cakes, they wouldn't have such great cakes, 'coz *I* can't afford my mom's cakes EITHER!" icon_biggrin.gif (She's a typical customer ..... she'll spend over $400 to bring a small zoo to her house for a birthday party event, but can't afford my $75 cake! icon_lol.gif Yes, I tease her about it!)

SandraVB79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraVB79 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:56am
post #33 of 33

Wittamer, the bakery in Brussels that takes care of all the royal cakes, has their cakes starting at 9 EURO pp. That's for very basic stuff. (depending on the exchange rate, that is somewhere along 12-13 usd pp)

If you want special decorations, flavors, ... it's all extra.

And still, they work with waiting lists.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%