Buying Airbrush Equipment

Decorating By chanda Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 4:36pm by prettycakes

chanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanda Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I was given a gently used airbrush machine. I do not know if i can clean it up and use what i have for cake decorating or if there are special nozzles i have to buy. Are all airbrush machines alike, or are the cake decorating one different? If so, should I keep the sir compressor and buy new attachments for it? What kind of attachments do I need. I looked on the internet and it was overwhelming. Thanks!!

3 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 4

Since you don't know what it was used for, I would keep the compressor and buy all new other equipment (hose, airgun, etc.) One that you use on cakes has to be dedicated.

FudgeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FudgeQueen Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 4

I am shopping for an airbrush machine. Can you recommend one. Its very hard to figure out all the differnces between all the models out there. I am
new to it so i would like to start with something for beginners so that i can practice. I dont want to spend a ton of money on something that may not get used very often

prettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycakes Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 4

By no means am I an expert on airbrushing, but I have some experience with 2 different types. (all I use it for is to get deep colors on my fondant, not fine detail) I purchased a nice Paschee, I think my compressor is not strong enough because I always get spatters while using it. I went and purchased a cheap one at Hobby Lobby and it works fine for what I need.

This is my experience, I know there are some more experienced airbrush users that can give you there advice.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%