3 D Cookie Purse...

Decorating By grandmaruth Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 2:57am by Elise87

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 12:01pm
post #1 of 4

Has there ever been a thread on how to make a 3 D cookie purse...i would like to make one filled with cookie purse things....lipstick, compact, nailpolish etc....if someone could steer me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...

3 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 4

can't help, but what a cute idea!!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 4

That sounds like a neat idea!! I've never made one but I guess you could make a template out of paper or cardboard and cut out the panels of your purse (kind of like a seamstress does with a dress). I guess you could use royal icing as your "glue" (like they do with gingerbread houses).

I don't know...I'm just trying to help by throwing ideas out there.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 2:57am
post #4 of 4

Hey! Yeh I have wanted to do something similar for a while now but instead like a lollie bag or something. This is what i was thinking of: I agree with the previous poster on construct it with the front, back and side panel cookies glued together with RI and if you want to get a little more complicated you can put a base onto it as well.

Maybe you could RI/fondant each panel let them dry well then assemble them up. With the handle it could be either fondant hanging down or cut into the cookies front and back panels.

If you want a curved edge on you purse, cut it out that way just maybe stick the side panels in a bit more until they are not poking over the top of the curves if you know what i mean or you can angle them inwards so it's not so square.

Hope that makes sense lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%