Help, Need A Buttercream Recipe, That Goes On Smooth...

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 8:39am by xstitcher

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 7:27am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I need a Buttercream Recipe. That goes on really smooth, I've seen some Cakes. That, they Buttercream looks like Fondant. I need it for a Baby Shower cake . Thanks for your time & Response. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks, thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 7:35am
post #2 of 4

There are several really good recipes on here for bc. Are you looking for a crusting recipe. The technique in applying the bc is important as well. I'd recommend ordering Sugarshack's (Sharon Zambito's) Perfecting the Art of Buttercream DVD. Her recipe is listed in the recipe section.

IndyDebi has a good crusting bc recipe as does Serious_cakes to just name a couple more.

You can use the viva paper towel method to smooth your icing or the Melvira method.

You can also try SMBC or IMBC but will not be able to use Viva or Melvira method on this type of icing.

You can also check out youtube there are some great tutorials on there that will teach you how to smooth your icing with recipes as well (you can see sugarshack's recipe there, serious_cakes has tutorials as does tonedna to name a few):

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:04am
post #3 of 4

icon_biggrin.gif xstitcher , Thanks for your help. I need something that I can Decorate on... thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:39am
post #4 of 4

You can decorate on or with any one of the above mentioned recipes.

Here are some of the links to those recipes:

Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%